A young girl's life gets turned upside-down in this tragic second a day video. Could this ever happen in the UK? This is what war does to children.
What's happening to children?
- More than 10,000 children have been killed; 5.6 million children need humanitarian aid.
- Inside Syria 3.5 million children have been forced from their homes.
- Nearly 2 million children have fled the country and are now living in over-stretched refugee camps or villages.
- Alost 3 million children are unable to go to school (2.3 million inside Syria, 685,000 refugees)
- 10 million people do not have enough to eat.\
Across the region it's important to improve the water, sanitation and hygiene conditions for the Syrian refugee children and their families in order to prevent diseases. In Iraq we have conducted hygiene promotion awareness-raising sessions, launched clean-up and distributed hygiene kits in refugee camps. We've helped 88,600 people in Iraq, including 62,000 children.Syrian children in Egypt at a Save the Children safe area where they can learn and play in a secure environment
Four years of war in Syria has led to the worst humanitarian crisis in a generation. Our teams are inside Syria giving children the basics they need to survive. They are also in Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq and Egypt providing urgent relief and long term aid to refugee children and their families. But with no end to the crisis in sight we continue to need your support to help more children.